The Head of Financing will oversee one of the most exciting and fastest growing business verticals at Gozem. Gozem is changing local economies by providing easily accessible and affordable financing to communities that previously either didn’t have access or at usurious rates.
When you join Gozem as a head of a vertical, you will have the opportunity to act as an entrepreneur within the organization and interact closely with the management team and all verticals of operations like Finance, Marketing, Country, Ops, Tech, Sales, etc…
Gozem is Africa's Super App. The app, available on Android and iOS, provides a suite of transport, ecommerce and financial services to consumers and transport providers of Francophone Sub-saharan Africa.
Gozem is currently operating in 14 cities in Togo and Benin with more than 400,000 registered users that have completed more than 2 million trips since their launch in November 2018.
Do you aspire to flourish in a stimulating and friendly environment? Do you want to evolve and progress in digital, dynamic and disruptive contexts?
Help us grow and become Africa's next unicorn! Join a company where long-term vision, ambition and human values will be the connectors of your professional project!
If you share our vision of moving Africa forward quickly, apply to join our team today.
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gozem
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gozem/id1441247963
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/gozem/mycompany/
About the Role
With the management you will set the entire strategy for the Financing vertical at Gozem and implement it leveraging global and local teams. You will lead the growth of the vertical from a $500k monthly lease deployment to $16m monthly.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy :
- Define / Adapt the Strategy of Gozem Financing Vertical
- With the help of the Country Teams and the Finance team, define a budget for the vertical, and own and track its performance
- Monitor other business and market to propose new area of innovation for Gozem
- Product :
- Lead the necessary back office product changes to sustain the rapid growth of the vertical and automate most processes
- Define with the product and data teams all the tools necessary to track the performance of the financing vertical
- Operations :
- With the Ops team, define / adapt all operational processes
- Train local teams affected to handle various financing processes with appropriate knowledge about the vertical
- With the finance team and country team, help define the pricing strategy and oversee that correct pricing are being applied
- With the country and marketing teams, define the deployment strategy and objectives
- Monitor and track the daily performance of the financing portfolio and identity any area of concerns
- Finance :
- Prepare appropriate reporting for the management team and investors to report on the activity
- Participate in investor call to raise debt for the financing vertical
- Work with the finance team to apply for licenses to operate regulated businesses
- Vertical's budget is define every 6 months
- Understand back-office bugs & define correctives actions to adapt our plateform to the needs of operational team
- Develop the investors portfolio and monitor the status of the funding
- Improve the tracking system of the champions contracts
- Vertical’s P&L
- Average repayment period
- Numbers of leasing contract
- Raise funds value
You are made for this job if …
You are made for this position if you have a very good capacity for financial analysis and budget design. You are rigorous and organized, allowing you to develop the vertical. You have already managed and trained teams by being proactive and listening to your colleagues. Above all, you have a positive state of mind, then this job is for you.
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of experience in a fast-paced financing environment at a top-tier company
- Experience in building and leading teams
- You have the credibility and confidence to build relationship and trust with key stakeholders including Gozems Board Directors, investors and regulators
- Strong technical skills to understand and design the financing system infrastructure
- You have graduated from a top university
- Positive attitude: 'Can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger project
- Excellent organization skills: ability to plan and organize work so that it is efficient and effective
- A deep understanding of all key financing industry KPIs, ratios etc...
- Experience in interfacing with other teams and departments to deliver impact solutions for organization
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and enjoy sharing knowledge with team members
- Detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- Fluent in French and English
- Previous experience as a growth hacker in a startup or tech company is a plus
- Experience in tech product development is a plus
- Experience in regulatory environment is a plus