In the Fon language of West Africa, the word 'zémidjan' means "get me there fast" or "let's go quickly." Consequently, Gozem is a data & technology platform developed to rapidly improve lives across Africa.
Working with various stakeholders across the private, public, and informal sectors, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress, starting first by addressing the relative dearth of efficiency & security within segments of the transportation sector in West Africa.
If you share our vision of moving Africa forward quickly, apply to join our team today.
We Are Recruiting To Fill The Position Below:
Job Title: Customer Support Manager (Onitsha, Nigeria)
Gozem will soon launch its on-demand moto-taxi service in Nigeria, and we are now looking for a highly motivated individual to help drive world-class customer support & implement our customer service strategy. If you love setting a vision, solving problems, and diving deep into details, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The Customer Support Manager role at Gozem is a unique opportunity to have a direct and significant impact at the earliest stages of a tech startup in West Africa. As a key member of the team, you will provide customer support leadership that establishes trust for our community of users (passengers) and service providers (moto-taxi drivers) in order to strengthen rider & driver engagement and retention. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal ability/people skills, and detailed organizational and process improvement skills
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Business Development Manager, and other senior staff to help define and execute Gozem’s customer support strategy
- Streamline Customer Support by partnering with internal stakeholders to improve processes, reduce or eliminate unnecessary support contacts and fully resolve rider and driver issues, while empowering future self-resolution
- Own rider and driver partner experiences by identifying and eliminating issues that detract from users’ experience with Gozem
- Develop our Customer Support performance metrics and help drive our growth by deep-diving into the numbers, performing analyses, providing insights and drawing actionable recommendations that reduce the need for users to contact support and/or increase the quality and timeliness of our customer support
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert (SME) on Gozem's processes and policies
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes
- Champion user needs and build/maintain internal communication structures to ensure that insights from Customer Support activities inform broader strategic initiatives and support the overall company (including Driver Operations and Marketing/Customer Acquisition) in decision-making
- Be a face to the business and manage the voice & brand of Gozem through interactions with various stakeholders
- Actively reinforce the cultural tone of Gozem internally and externally in Nigeria
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of project management / customer support experience, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Strong understanding of the Nigerian and West African customer with demonstrable success in a customer-facing environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English. (Knowledge of French is preferred, but not required)
- Enthusiastic attitude and passionate for helping user successfully achieve their goals -- you view every support interaction as a chance to impact riders and drivers in a positive way
- Strong time-management and overall organizational skills
- Creative solutions mindset with bias towards constantly improving and optimizing processes
- Basic computer skills necessary (including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, & presentation software) as well as overall digital literacy (including comfort and familiarity with Android & mobile)