Founded in 2018, Gozem is today a technological group of more than 400 people, agile and ambitious, which offers via its mobile application a very wide range of services including transport, delivery, financing, mobile money and many others, to African users. Present in Benin, Togo, Gabon and Cameroon, our group's ambition is to become "Africa's Super App" by establishing itself throughout French speaking Africa. Our solution is 100% focused on the African market, serving drivers, customers, traders and soon, SMEs in our areas of activity.
We are a multinational group, with a strong presence in several cities and pride ourselves on helping to improve the lives of local communities through the digitalisation of the market and the introduction of technology-based efficiencies.
Are you looking to grow in a challenging and friendly environment? Do you want to evolve and progress in dynamic and disruptive digital contexts?
Join us in building a new African digital ecosystem that improves the quality of life. Together, let's make Africa smile!
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gozem
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gozem/id1441247963
What is a Data Engineer at Gozem ?
Our Data Engineer will act as a bridge between our backend IT function and the wider global analytics team. He/She is focused on delivering crucial data solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of the data;
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets drawn from various sources;
- Evaluate user requests for analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility, time requirements and compatibility with current systems and architecture standards;
- Active participation in the development of the data lake, data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support the development of analytic capabilities;
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format to ensure the report provides the needed insights without compromising the report's accuracy.
You are the right person for this job if you have...
- Strong data profiling skills and hands-on experience in infrastructure, including Cloud Computing, Linux OS, Docker, RDBMS and NoSQL Databases
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organization, and high-quality communication;
- experience with large-scale data processing systems, and implementing ETL; batch or real time processing pipelines, transformation, and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Level of education: Master's degree (recommended but not required) in Computer Science or Big Data Engineering
- 2 years of relevant experience in related fields
- Self-motivated, independent learner, and enjoy sharing knowledge with team members
- Mandatory skills:Familiarity with big data engineering tools such as Spark, Kafka, Google cloud…
- Skills we are looking for in addition,knowledge of any programming language (Python)
- Tools to master: Asana, G-Suite
- Languages :
- Location: on site or remote
- What we like most: Self-motivated, independent learner, and enjoy sharing knowledge with team members, Detail-oriented and efficient time manager in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment
Working conditions & benefits
We offer our employees a fair, friendly and intercultural working environment, in which we strive to develop the talents of each individual. To achieve this, we offer:
📍 Remote work if you are not based in a country where Gozem is established (Togo, Benin, Gabon, Cameroon)
🏢 Open-space offices and teleworking time possible (to be arranged with your
💶 A gross monthly remuneration defined according to our internal salary grid as well as the relevance of your past experiences for the position.
🌿 An option to buy shares in Gozem
🎁 An annual bonus allowing you to receive between 0 and 4.5 months of additional salary the following year
🚗 Benefits on our Super App for your travel and deliveries
🌐 A health and IT insurance package
And above all, the opportunity to join a young, dynamic team that has a real social impact in French-speaking Africa!
- An initial introductory meeting with the recruitment manager (15 minutes)
- A written interview questionnaire
- A 45-minute analytic exercise.
- A business case to be completed within 08 days
- A presentation of your business case with the head of the Data team (future n+1) and a time to discuss your professional experience followed by a referral request (you give us 4 professional contacts to whom we send a questionnaire)
- One final validation interview with one of our co-founders